With the help of tens of thousands of donors, ArtsWave supports more than 100 arts and community organizations that make our region an amazing place to live. We believe that the arts—music, dance, theatre, museums, festivals, and more —create a vibrant regional economy and a more connected community.
Accounts Payable and Payroll Staff Accountant
The Staff Accountant provides accounts payable and payroll support to the organization. Reporting to the Controller, the primary responsibilities of this position will be semi-monthly processing of invoices and payroll, serving as the primary contact for benefit administration, and maintaining personnel files and vendor records. Leading candidates for the position will pay outstanding attention to detail, have strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This is a full-time non-exempt hourly position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Compile, analyze and report A/P data to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Ensure that vendors are paid on a timely basis
- Assist with the preparation of 1099 forms
- Ability to record time, reconcile payroll as well as create payroll reports when necessary
- This position will also support the accounting team: reconciling benefits bills to payroll deductions, General Ledger, and ad-hoc reporting
- Responsible for all payroll data entry, new hire setup, terminations, leave of absence, and benefits deductions
- Coordinate human resource benefit administration functions including health and disability insurance and 401(K) plans and maintain personnel records
- Complete first draft of Workers’ Compensation Annual True-up report and supporting documents.
- Complete tasks with accuracy and timeliness
- Answer and direct incoming general phone calls and welcome guests when necessary
- Help with special projects as needed
- Detailed and accurate approach to all projects
- Ability to follow procedures and business rules accurately
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently and stay calm in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications skills
- A strong work ethic and a high degree of reliability
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and teamwork skills
- Maturity, sound judgment and professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of ArtsWave, along with all internal policies
Qualified candidates should have work experience in the accounting field including, but not limited to, accounts payable, general ledger, and payroll. Candidates must be highly organized with the ability to use logical thought processes to solve problems, to identify more efficient processes and implement them, to effectively work under pressure, and to produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years accounts payable, payroll and/or bookkeeping experience
- Experience with a non-profit is considered a plus
- Understanding of accounting software and payroll applications
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
Compensation & Benefits
- Hourly rate is $17 – $22 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance available
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid holiday schedule
- PTO accrual based on years of service
With the help of tens of thousands of donors, ArtsWave supports more than 100 arts and community organizations that make our region an amazing place to live. We believe that the arts—music, dance, theatre, museums, festivals, and more —create a vibrant regional economy and a more connected community. ArtsWave is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Staff Accountant by Friday, June 18. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No calls, please
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com