Cincinnati Development Fund
Cincinnati Development Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit lending institution that fills a gap not covered by traditional lenders.
Job Title: Accounting/HR Administrator
Reports to: CFO
The Accounting/HR Administrator provides payroll functions as well as accounting transactions (check writing, wires) and maintains records in QuickBooks. This position is also responsible for supporting Human Resources services, primarily in benefits administration, recruiting, new employee onboarding and a variety of general administrative Human Resources tasks.
Primary Accounting Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly payroll activities as required.
- Initiate all required disbursements for CDF that involve check writing, wiring and other such transactions to facilitate payment of necessary cash transfers.
- Process all draw requests initiated by Construction Draw Manager and Credit Risk Manager. Continually develop and improve the draw request process to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Facilitate the process for recording all payables. Work with Office Services Manager to understand posting of any/all items paid online and with corporate credit cards.
- Record the daily deposits in QuickBooks for all amounts coming into CDF. Understand what deposits are required to be made at local bank branches.
- Coordinate payment process and record keeping for fiscal agency relationships.
- Provide data requested for annual audit.
- Perform detailed reconciliation of cash accounts daily/monthly.
- Perform other monthly reconciliations, as necessary.
- Maintain the following with respect to the general ledger: daily entries, monthly JE and financial reports, assist with monthly close of financial records, assist with preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement.
- Produce monthly payment processing for all investors on pooled loans. Ensure all required documentation is mailed with each payment. Assist Loan Portfolio Manager to handle any issues with pooled loan investors.
Primary Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Reconcile monthly benefits invoices with HR and payroll.
- Assist in benefits administration, including processing new hires, terminations, and employee changes.
- Assist with recruiting, onboarding, and termination.
- Organize and maintain benefits and payroll records, electronic and paper, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Complete various filing duties for Human Resources and Finance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in, or progress towards degree in, accounting; or two years’ experience working in accounts payable or accounts receivable
- 1-2 years’ experience as HR Generalist or Assistant. Experience in benefits administration required
- Working knowledge of banking concepts and lending process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills – able to work with people at all organizational/community levels
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Team player – committed to working in a collaborative, team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Passion for urban issues, CDF’s mission
- Superior organization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) community development resources, community needs
- Two- or four-year degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- Banking or bookkeeping experience
- Nonprofit work experience
- CDFI knowledge/experience
Cincinnati Development Fund offers competitive pay along with comprehensive benefits options including medical, dental and vision insurance; 403(b) retirement plan (with company contribution); company-paid life insurance; long-term disability insurance; and generous paid time off.
About Cincinnati Development Fund:
Cincinnati Development Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit lending institution that fills a gap not covered by traditional lenders. CDF provides funding for real estate development in under-served markets in the Greater Cincinnati area as well as facilities and equipment funding for nonprofit organizations in the region. CDF’s mission is to provide innovative real estate financing for projects that strengthen low-income neighborhoods and improve lives. Its vision is to be at the forefront of redevelopment plans in Greater Cincinnati, helping low-income communities preserve their historic buildings and create vibrant, inclusive neighborhoods.
A certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and Community Development Entity (CDE), CDF is an equal opportunity employer and an equal opportunity provider.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com