Website Diocese of Southern Ohio
We support a vibrant Episcopal community that strives to be a center of compassion and justice that translates into action.
Career Opportunity – Part Time Accounting Associate with Diocese of Southern Ohio – Cincinnati, Ohio
Are you a detail-oriented, professional, and organized individual? Do you have bookkeeping experience? Are you looking for a part time position? If so, we want to speak with you about our position!
The Episcopal Church is home to more than 25,000 people in Southern Ohio through 72 churches in Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, farm towns, county seats and suburban centers. We support a vibrant Episcopal community that strives to be a center of compassion and justice that translates into action. We are looking to add a Part Time Accounting Associate to our team in downtown Cincinnati, 30 hours a week with benefits!
The Part Time Accounting Associate will support the Financial Officer with the processing of the daily financial operations by maintaining accounting records. Specifically, the Part Time Accounting Associate will:
- Responsible for the accounts payable function for Diocesan companies and those under contract. This includes assigning account numbers, entering invoices into the computer, ACH payments, positive pay functionality, printing and mailing checks.
- Develop and oversee the cash flow analysis. Maintain good working relationships with bank representatives.
- Prepare special reports as needed to ensure activity stays within budgeted allocations.
- Review budgets and account expenditures and notify the Financial Officer of accounts variances.
- Responsible for financial analysis of accounts and operations (i.e. utility cost or operations profitability). Will also provide research and analysis related to risk management and insurance expense.
- Prepare and post journal entries as needed.
- Prepare audit work papers and provide assistance to the external audit team.
- Maintain credit card program. Audit expense submissions, manage credit levels, complete credit card journal entry and ensure timely payment to credit card company.
- When necessary, be able to make deposits, process gift receipts, apply loan payments to debt schedules and reconcile credit card receipts.
- Become familiar with all aspects of Accounts Receivable to act as backup as necessary.
- Become familiar with all aspects of payroll and employee benefits to act as back up to Payroll and Benefits Administrator.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate’s or higher degree required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounts payable.
- Familiar with the Church and have a willingness to develop an ever-increasing working knowledge of the policies and polity of the Episcopal Church, especially as it impacts the financial affairs of the Diocese.
- A valid Driver’s License with access to private transportation for duties of the position.
- Ensure that appropriate confidentiality is maintained for those personnel files, financial records, and personal matters which are entrusted to the Finance department.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
This is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on a professional and impactful non-profit organization. Come join us! Go to https://grnh.se/158a52aa3us to apply online, or submit your resume and salary requirements to job@strategicHRinc.com.
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org